I'm super excited to announce that Kerstin from Flyingdreams http://saahre.blogspot.com/ nominated me for The Versatile Blogger award.
Thank you so much Kerstin!
Vielen lieben Dank fuehr die grosse Ehre Kerstin! Ich freu mich riesig!
The award rules are as follows:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
- Paste the award to your blog
- Tell 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 other blogs
And now for the rest.
7 things about myself.
- I have a German mother and an American father and grew up in a tiny German village called Klein Zimmern, I moved to America when I was 17, I still miss my village.....
- I'm so obsessed with Downton Abbey that I dreamed about it under anesthesia when I had my thyroid taken out this mast march!
- I'm married to a physicist, my life really is like the big band theory. If Lenard and Penny had a 4 year old that thinks she's a princess that is....
- My love of costuming comes from having grown up in a region where Mardi Gras is really big, I needed a new and better costume every year, one year my mother had had enough of making me costumes,she told me to make my own, that's how I got started with costuming.
- I have a long standing love affair with empire/regency fashion and anything Napoleonic, I used to look at the pictures of the pretty regency ladies on the covers of my mothers romance novels when i was a child. And I dressed up as empress Josephine for Mardi Gras in 1996, but was very upset that people kept asking me if I wasn't to old to be dressed as a princess, those culture barbarians. I still own that costume!
- I think a love for history must be in my blood, my mother used to be a tour guide in the medieval city of Nürnberg and she passed on her love of history to me. I spend my childhood going to museums palaces and castles with her.
- I was a vocal performance major my freshman year in college before I switched to fashion design. Good thing I did because my voice is pretty much ruined now from having really bad allergies. And besides knowing how to sew and draft patterns is much more useful in costuming than singing!
And now my blog Award nominations!
This is really hard because I think most of my favorite blogs have already won this award so if you get it again my bad....
- Eva's Kleidertruhe http://stars-design-eva.blogspot.com
- Natalie Garbett - Maker of Historical Clothing Costumes http://historicalclothinganduniforms.blogspot.com/
- The Couture Courtesan http://couturecourtesan.blogspot.com/
- Regency Tea Party http://historycostumetea.blogspot.com/
- Two Nerdy History Girls http://twonerdyhistorygirls.blogspot.com/
- Romantic History http://romantichistory.blogspot.com/
- A Frolic Through Time http://zipzipinkspot.blogspot.com/
- Living with Jane http://livingwithjane.blogspot.com/
- Madame Guillotine http://madameguillotine.org.uk/
- The Amateur Seamstress http://theamateurseamstress.blogspot.com/
- Kleidung um 1800 http://kleidungum1800.blogspot.com/
- Jenny La Fleur http://chezjennylafleur.blogspot.com/
- Maggie's Costume Wardrobe http://costumersguide.blogspot.com/
- My Napoleon Obsession http://mynapoleonobsession.blogspot.com/
- Adventures of a Costumer http://blog.historicalfashions.com/